DALLAS RUNNERS AND WALKERS TO SUPPORT 12 CHARITY PARTNERS AS PART OF THE FIRST 5X5K FOR GOOD EVENT IN TEXAS:
FIVE START LINES ACROSS DALLAS METROPLEX OVER 24 HOURS
100% of Funds Raised by Event Participants Go Directly to 12 Local and National Non-profits: American Lung Association, GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer, Histiocytosis Association, Kidsave, Leukemia Texas, LUNGevity, Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA), Muscular Dystrophy Association, National Breast Cancer Foundation, National Kidney Foundation, Parkinson’s Foundation, and Preeclampsia Foundation
Event 360 is launching the 5x5K FOR GOOD Dallas, the first event in its Events FOR GOOD series in Texas. Participants will have 24 hours from 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 14, to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 15, to complete five 5K courses across the Dallas Metroplex. Participants will choose the order and timing of the five courses, minimizing the number of people at each course at any given time. Each course will have a physical start line and a staff member assisting with a contactless check-in process.
The start and finish lines for each course are as follows:
- Arlington Entertainment District, Richard Greene Linear Park, Arlington
- White Rock Alehouse & Brewery, Dallas
- Katy Trail Ice House, Dallas
- Gussie Field, Watterworth Park Pavilion, Farmers Branch (this site closed 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.)
- Ballpark Plaza at Dr. Pepper Ballpark, Frisco (this site closed 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.)
Tim Brockman, President of Event 360, shared, “When the pandemic took full grip on the live entertainment industry, we saw so many great non-profits struggling to fulfill their missions. We also realized that people missed “live events”, be it a concert, sporting event, or a walk/run for their favorite cause. We knew we needed to act. Our team transformed a new event concept into a COVID-compliant event that would not just help people back into the live event space but also provide an avenue for charity partners, at no cost, to re-engage their constituents. The 5X5K FOR GOOD Dallas brings this all together with 12 amazing local and national non-profits under one platform, FOR GOOD.”
“We are pleased to be working with 5x5K for Good to bring fundraising activities to the Dallas area,” said Laurie Fenton Ambrose, Co-Founder, President and CEO, GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer. “Funds raised help us continue our work saving, extending, and improving the lives of those vulnerable, at risk, and diagnosed with lung cancer.”
Colleen Fischer, Associate Director of Development at Kidsave, shared, “5x5K FOR GOOD Dallas is a fantastic opportunity for nonprofits like Kidsave to shift up our typical outreach and programming to help older kids in foster care find families. Logistics alone make fitness challenge events difficult to justify when you consider cost and staff time for smaller nonprofits. Offering this to groups to engage and inspire a segment of their donor base really sets up a win-win for everyone involved.”
The full list of charity partners includes:
- American Lung Association
- GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer
- Histiocytosis Association
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA)
- Leukemia Texas
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- National Kidney Foundation
- Parkinson’s Foundation
- Preeclampsia Foundation
Registration is now open here. New registrants can save $5 with code NEWS.
When: Friday, May 14 at 7:00 p.m. to Saturday, May 15 at 7:00 p.m.
Live shots available during daylight hours.
Spokespeople available for interviews during full 24-hour window with advance notice to email@example.com.
- Start/Finish Line: Each site has a start/finish line arch with banner near a check-in zone.
- Spokesperson Interviews: With advance notice, interview opportunities available with Event 360 staff members and/or charity partner representatives.
- Five 5K courses to be completed in any order during a 24-hour period
- Mobile phone check-in and check-out of courses—no check-in lines
- Capacity restrictions at the start/finish lines and on the courses
- Frequent sanitizing of start/finish line area
- Temperature checks and COVID-19 questionnaires for staff members
- Turn-by-turn course directions provided to the participant’s phone via app
About Event 360
Event 360 is an experienced event management team offering a full range of services, including event production, social impact, fundraising technology, site logistics, communication strategies and customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with team members and partners working nationwide, Event 360 achieves success for its clients using peer-to-peer fundraising and unique events. Since 2003, Event 360’s experienced team of event management specialists have successfully produced hundreds of events, which have raised nearly $1 billion dollars toward their clients’ missions. Learn more at www.event360.com.