Muck FOR GOOD FAQ Categories
- Do you offer any discounts on the registration price?
Yes, we occasionally do promotions for discounted registrations. Sign-up for Muck For Good email to be the first to learn about special promotions.
- How old does a participant have to be to participate in Muck For Good?
Participants must be at least 10 years of age on the day of the event. Participants who are 10 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or on-event guardian. The ratio of guardian to minor-aged runners is 1 to 3. Please form a team for you and your minor-aged runners so that we can easily assign you all to the same start time. The free Lil’ Muckers area is designed for kids, ages 5-9, who are too young to run the course.
- What if my child who is 10 to 17 wants to participate but I don’t want to participate?
You are able to give an adult friend/relative that is registered to run permission to act as the guardian for your child. The parent or guardian agrees to the waiver upon registration giving the minor the ability to participate and be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- What is the price to participate in Muck For Good?
The pricing structure is based on how many days out from the event you register. Check out your Muck For Good city page for the current price of your Muck For Good event. The registration fee listed does not include a processing fee. This processing fee, which includes handling and insurance, will be added to your total charge at the completion of registration. Processing fee is subject to change.
- Can you explain the price increases for Muck For Good?The earlier you register for Muck For Good, the lower the price. As the event gets closer, the price increases, so get signed up as soon as registration opens!
- How do I register as part of a team?
On the first page of the registration process, select ?Join a team.? Then you can search for the team name and click on the team name to join it.
- Can members of the same team select different Charity Partners?
No. The Charity Partner that is selected by the team captain when the team is initially created is the default Charity Partner for all members of that team.
- How do I register as an individual?
On the first page of the registration process, select “Individual”. However, we highly recommend starting a team and getting your friends on board for a day of muddy fun.
- How do I register as a team captain?
On the first page of the registration process, select “Start a Team”. You’ll then be able to name your team and move on with the registration process.
- Why can’t I use the same email address for multiple registrations?
To avoid the creation of duplicate accounts in the system and redundant email delivery, each registration must have a unique email address.
- Are registration fees tax deductible?
No, registration fees are not tax deductible.
- Is my registration transferable?
Registrations are non-transferable.
- Is my registration refundable?
Registrations are non-refundable.
- I’m injured and can’t run, can I get a refund?
It is impossible for us to assess each injury on a case-by-case basis and therefore we do not offer refunds when participants are injured and cannot participate.
- Can I register on-event?
Yes, pending wave availability. Visit the participant Check-In tent to register on-event.
- How are charity partners for Muck For Good selected?
Charity partners are non-profit organizations that chose to be part of a fully-produced, safe, and wildly fun FOR GOOD event experience. If your organization is interested in becoming a FOR GOOD charity partner, please contact us to learn more.
- Can members of the same team select different charity partners?
No. The charity partner that is selected by the team captain when the team is initially created is the default charity partner for all members of that team.
- Can I fundraise for an organization not listed as a charity partner?
Fundraising via Muck For Good is only available for select charity partners. If you know of an organization that you?d like to see become a FOR GOOD charity partner, please contact us.
CHAMPION FOR GOOD
- What is the Champion For Good program?
By registering as a Champion For Good, you agree to fundraise at least $250 for your selected charity partner in exchange for free registration for Muck For Good. For some runners, the registration fee may be a barrier to participation, and this program gives those runners a way to join the event. Please note: Champion For Good spots are in limited supply and will close once sold out.
- Where does the $250 go?
100% of donations go to the charity partner you selected during registration to help fund their mission.
- How do I submit donations?
Donors can safely and easily give online through your personal fundraising page on the Muck For Good charity partner website (which you can set up and share through your fundraising page).
- What is my deadline for raising the $250 minimum?
To count toward your fundraising total, online donations must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the Wednesday before your Muck For Good event. After that, you can turn in physical donations at the Muck For Good event.
- What happens if I don?t raise $250 in time for Muck For Good?
When you register as a Champion For Good, you make a commitment to raise a minimum of $250 in donations for Muck For Good. You will be required to leave a credit card number on file when you register. If you have not reached your $250 requirement by the time you run, we will subtract the amount you have raised from $250 and charge the balance to your card. For example, if you raised $150, then $100 will be charged to your card (as a tax-deductible donation).
- If I don?t reach my $250 minimum, when will my card be charged for the balance?
Your credit card on file will be charged at the time of your Muck For Good event.
- Why does a $2 charge appear when I complete my Champion For Good registration?
In order to store your credit card information in the registration system (in case you do not reach your $250 commitment by event day) we need to process a transaction, and $2 is the smallest amount allowed. This charge does count as a donation though, so now you only have $248 to go!
- What if I decide not to participate in Muck For Good? Am I off the hook for the fundraising requirement?
No. Once you register to be a Champion For Good, you are committed to raising $250 for your Charity Partner, whether or not you participate in the event.
- I registered as a regular runner and paid the registration fee. Can I transfer to be a Champion For Good and have my registration fee refunded?
No. Muck For Good registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Can I select more than one Charity Partner to receive the funds I raise?
No. Only one Charity Partner may be selected per individual participant or per team.